Gertrude, the Dragon

What happens when work is a little more stressful than usual and unexpected circumstances allowed for a little extra free time? The decision to start Grey's Anatomy from scratch (because who knows where I left off when I stopped watching it years ago) and a new crochet project! This perfect combo was exactly what I needed to get through this week!

Gertrude is another pattern from Animal Friends of Pica Pau by Yan Schenkel- one that has been on my crochet bucket list since I first got the book. 

I used Paint Box Cotton DK Yarn for most of Gertrude and, for the first time ever, Scheepjes Stonewashed/Riverwashed Yarn for her 2 horns. 



I am so happy with how she turned out! While the pattern was not any more or less challenging than the other ones in Schenkel's pattern books, Gertrude is a larger project and requires (a lot!) more sewing. If I am being honest with myself, I don't think I did the best job sewing each spike on Gertrude's back but despite how imperfect they may seem, Gertrude turned out perfect to me!

I think I might start working on my next project today... what else are Sundays for?



2 comments:

  1. Hi. I’m a hobby crocheter. I’m making this dragon for my girl and I’m stuck on the body round 14. Would you be kind enough to explain?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You will need to make a chain that sticks out of the rounds you have been working on and then you will continue crocheting down this chain, around the body, and back up the chain. This will create a sort of "flap" that will become the dragon's torso. If it's still unclear, let me know and I can try explaining again :)

      Delete

Instagram