Snake Plant

I recently became obsessed with plants. I always thought of myself as having a "black thumb" because I managed to kill every single plant I have ever owned, including the ones that were proclaimed super easy and un-killable.  

I have a friend who has a gazillion plants. Sometimes when she went to nurseries to get yet another plant, I tagged along but everything looked like "just leaves" to me and I honestly didn't understand why she would get so excited over them. I am not sure when it happened, but suddenly I found myself buying 3 plants that she promised me I couldn't kill even if I actively tried to. And then I bought more. And more. And more. Now I have a mini jungle in my bedroom and I can't begin to explain how happy it makes me!  

And because crochet is definitely my love language, I had to make a little snake plant to celebrate my new Plant Lady status. 




I debated not giving her eyes and a smile but that would have been very off-brand on my part, so I went all out and used the biggest eyes I had (I believe these are 12mm?). 

Pattern by Lauren Espy (it's free!)
I can't even tell you what yarn I used because these are from a very old stash... old like from when I first started to crochet back in 2014, so the labels are long lost.

How cute is she? She fits right in with her real-life counterparts! The very best part is that I never have to worry about watering her!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Instagram