Shelby, the lamb

I remember seeing this pattern on Pinterest or Ravelry (or both?) when I first started learning how to crochet, back in 2014, and absolutely fell in love with it! At that time, I could barely work flat rows, much less the intricate stitches this pattern called for. I decided to wait to tackle this once I felt more confident in my crochet skills. 

I was gifted this pattern on Christmas of 2020 and finally got around to making it (because I'm on vacation!). Some parts were a bit tricky and there was a lot of frogging and trying again. But, oh my goodness, was it worth it! She is absolutely adorable!

Pattern by: Aradiya Toys
Embroidery Floss (flowers and sleepy eyes): DMC brand, purchased at Michael's
I used sewing pins for the flower pistils







I also added a little bit of pink eyeshadow on Shelby's cheeks for some extra cuteness. The original pattern included a tiny pillow for her to rest on, but I decided not to make it. Her legs and ears are dangly... she does not stand up on her own soI may have to revisit this decision. But for now, she can rest comfortably on a folded hexagon I made years ago and never did anything with it. 

How adorable is she? I am so happy I finally felt brave enough to make her!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Instagram