Astronomer

I recently purchased the Mini Kingdom book by Olka Novytska (Aradiya Toys). I was randomly perusing crochet books on Amazon and this one definitely stood out. It has 36 of the cutest and tiniest amigurumis and when I saw the Astronomer, it was love at first sight! 

This project has happily consumed all of my free time. Even though I've only made one amigurumi from her book, I already have a list of the ones I want to work on next. This maker puts a bit of a spin on creating the shapes for the amis so it makes it new and unique. Her patterns are clearly written out and the photos are extremely helpful- I did not get stuck once as I was making this project.

I used my beloved Paintbox Cotton DK Yarn for most of it, as per usual. It truly is the best yarn for this kind of project. I decided he needed a sparkly cape, so I used Lion Brand Bon Bons, and Scheepjes for the bronze bit at the bottom (from this gorgeous 58 count color pack).  






My only regret is I wish I had stuffed his head a little more but that's me just being picky with my own work. He is every bit as cute as I thought he would be! 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Instagram