A Tale of Two Owls

The owl on the left is the very first amigurumi I ever made, back in 2014, when I was still learning how to crochet. And now, in 2021, I recreated the same pattern (found here), using the same yarn (Caron), crochet hook (Clover), safety eyes, and stuffing.

I remember the 2014 owl took me forever and I struggled my way through it because it was the first time I was changing colors.

I remember not knowing how to sew both the front and back pieces together and I had no idea how to sew the white part of her eyes so I just attached it with the safety eyes. And I remember feeling proud of it despite how wonky it looked. Look at the improvement in the stitching-


                                        2014                                                        2021




As much as I like 2014 owl, what a difference from 2021 owl! Practice definitely makes progress!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Instagram