Agatha, the Bee

Not only did I finally receive my copy of Animal Friends of Pica Pau 2, but I also finally had time to work on one of the creatures! When Yen Schenkel started posting her creations on Instagram before the release of her book, I immediately fell in love with her Lobster and her Owl, so I surprised myself by deciding to start working on this little Bee instead. Something about her fun pattern shapes drew me in...and I was not disappointed!

Yarn: Paintbox Yarn (purchased at Love Crafts)





My least favorite part of making amigurumis is having to sew all the parts together. In the past, I've completely given up and used a hot glue gun. I really took my time sewing Agatha's pieces together, pulling everything apart and starting over when it didn't look good. The more I did this, the better it looked. After all was said and done, I found myself no longer dreading it. Practice makes progress! And another lesson was learned - sometimes we dread things we are not skilled at because dealing with the frustration of "failing" is tough... since there is no way around it, we have to just go through it.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Instagram