Panda & Puffin


I have been meaning to buy the Animal Friends of Pica Pau book, by the talented Yan Schenkel, for the longest time and finally went for it a few months ago. I wish I had enough time to make all of her creations from this book but since I don't, I started with Bonny the Puffin -




I gave Bonny a bit of sparkle by using some left over yarn I had from a past Christmas project. It was my first time working the pattern around Bonny's neck - it was very fun and soothing...and not as tricky as it looks.

Bonny was followed by Lola, the Panda. I made her for a friend of mine who needed a gift for a baby shower. Lola was a quick make. In the original pattern, she is supposed to be wearing a skirt but since this is would be a gift for a baby, less is more. Here is Lola, sans skirt -


I am currently taking on a huge project (that I will post about probably towards the end of Fall/beginning of Winter) that has a (fast approaching) deadline so as soon as I complete this, I will probably decide on a new Animal Friends of Pica Pau character to make - I am absolutely in love with these!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Instagram