Sun Wreath

Happy Summer!


It feels like one of the hottest summers yet! So hot, that it inspired me to make this cheery & bright Sun Wreath, courtesy of Repeat Crafter Me

You will need:

- A 12 inch foam wreath
- Yellow Yarn (I used Big Twist Premium in Tumeric)
- Size H crochet hook
- Darning Needle
- Wooden shapes (I purchased mine at JoAnn Fabrics)
- Hot glue gun

First, I wrapped the foam wreath:



Then I made 16 sun rays. I ended up only needing to use 15 because of how I spaced them out during the attaching process...


The photo above only shows 15 sun rays. When I took the photo, I realized I had forgotten one of the sun rays I made but now it just all seemed like foreshadowing :)


I absolutely despise sewing. Some find it relaxing but I find it mind numbing. So, I took a crafty shortcut and used a hot glue gun to attach the sun rays. I was very careful to make sure the glue didn't seep forward and become visible.




The original pattern has bunting flags that spell out "sun". I couldn't find these flags at the crafting supply store so I improvised and bought these three wooden shapes...


...because when I think of summertime, I think of boating. I do live in one of the so-called "boating capitals" of the world, after all!

Last but not least, I attached my wooden shapes to the center of the wreath.


This was a fun project and I am very happy with the outcome. As you might have gathered, if you've perused my blog, I do love me some crochet wreaths!

Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Instagram