Fourth of July Wreath (Free Pattern!)


Note: some of the images below are watermarked "The Edible Complex"- this was my old blog that was mysteriously deleted.

MATERIALS:
  • Small and Large PomPom Makers
  • Scissors
  • Red Heart Super Saver - White, Red, Blue
  • US G 4.00mm Crochet Hook
  • Darning Needle
  • Pins
  • Hot glue gun
  • Starch spray or water bottle spray



STARS:

Make a Magic Ring
Round 1: Ch 3, work 14 dc into magic ring, sl st into 3rd ch of ch3  to form circle
Round 2: *Ch 5, 1 sc in 2nd ch from hook, hdc in next ch, dc in next ch, tc in next chain, skip next 2 dc from round 1 and sl st in next dc. Repeat from * 4 more times and you should end up with a five-point star.
Fasten off
Tighten magic ring and darn in ends.

Make 5 stars.

Once you've made all 5 stars, block them by pinning each point of the star and spraying starch spray (or water, but I wanted to try the spray this time!)





POMPOMS:

I made a variety of pompoms, making most of the large and only some small. The number of pompoms you will need to fully cover the foam wreath will depend on how you arrange them. I just kept making them until I was happy with how they looked on the wreath.  


I used Clover brand of pompom maker, found HERE

And just for fun, here is the aftermath of giving all the pompoms "haircuts":


ASSEMBLY:

First, I pinned the pompoms onto the foam wreath until I was happy with the arrangement. I tried to make it look like the US flag:



Then, I used the hot glue gun to secure each pompom to the foam wreath. I glued them directly to the wreath, very close together so that you cannot see the green foam peeking through. Alternatively, you can choose to wrap the entire wreath with yarn before attaching the pompoms.

Last but not least, the stars! I also attached these using the hot glue gun.


The pompoms look like mini fireworks and it's so festive!



My Australian Shepherd, Gnocchi (named after the pasta, pronounced "nyo-key), is making it look even better!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Instagram