New Year Cat


I am 3 days late with this post but the last 2 weeks of 2017 were very much hectic. Since we do get a month of enjoying the novelty of the new year before we jump into the next (commercial) holiday - Valentine's Day - it's safe to say "better late than never" with divulging this kitty!

Materials for the CAT:

As I mentioned before, the pattern is by The Enchanted Ladybug.






Materials for the FLAG:
  • A wooden stick (I colored it with a magenta sharpie)
  • a small felt ball 
  • colorful, sparkly yarn (I used various strands of the sparkly variety of Lion Brand bonbons)
I made a little tassel, turned it sideways, and used a hot glue gun to secure it to the wooden stick. I also attached the felt ball with the hot glue gun. 

This yarn, although a bit difficulty to work with because it's hard to see the stitches through all the gnarly tinsel, was perfect for a new year's theme! If you could grab fireworks off the night sky and turn it into yarn, it would look exactly like this skein!




Another cat gets added to my Holiday Cat family!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Instagram