Wedding Bouquets and Boutonnieres

On my last post, I alluded to a huge project I was working on and it seems I am a bit delayed in posting it...but better late than never.

I got married!

And I crocheted my wedding bouquet, my bridesmaid's bouquets, and the groomsmen's (and groom's) boutonnieres.

This was quite the project because I was did not follow a pattern for my bouquet so I was figuring it out as I went. I am so happy with how it turned out! It now lives in an acrylic box that sits in my dining room... as a reminder of a happy day.



I did use a pattern for the bridesmaid's bouquets, which can be found here. I made a total of 4 bridesmaids bouquets.


I also did not follow a pattern for the boutonnieres and went through a lot of trial and error. The cream boutonnieres were used by the groomsmen, father of the bride, father of the groom, and one of my male bridesperson. The brown boutonniere below was the one used by my groom.



I got all of my supplies at Michael's - many visits were made to their floral, wedding, and yarn departments.



I wanted the flowers at my wedding to have a very personal touch...so naturally they had to be made out of yarn! It made my special day even more special!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Instagram